Flood Damage FAQs in Dallas and Fort Worth
As a property owner, you need to be aware of how to protect your home or business in the event of a flood. An experienced water damage restoration company like Dalworth Restoration can help you with the following water damage preventive measures.
Our IICRC certified and licensed technicians can inspect your home or business to develop a service solution to prevent flooding by:
- Sealing windows
- Installing drainage systems
- Building levees and flood walls
- Elevating buildings or moving them away from floodplains
In the event of a storm, flood, or water damage, our technicians are available 24/7 for dispatch to your residential or commercial property in our Dallas-Fort Worth service area.
Professional Customer Service
Flood Damage FAQS
If you live in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, you can determine your flood damage risk by calling the Dallas Office of Emergency Preparedness or the Dallas Flood Plain Management Office. You may want to request the projected flood map of your neighborhood, along with the forecasted flood elevation information for your community.
- Are electric switches and outlets located above projected flood waters?The height of the electric panel board in your DFW metroplex home is regulated by a building code and must be a minimum of a foot above a potential flood elevation for your home or business. If not, call a licensed electrician or a licensed flood damage contractor to elevate all your electric outlets and wiring at least a foot above potential flood damage elevation for your home.
- Are water heater, washer and dryer above projected flood damage waters?Your water heater, washer and dryer should be at least a foot above projected flood damage elevation. If they are not, contact the professional flood damage experts at Dalworth Restoration to make sure any potential flood cleanup work is in compliance with the city building codes in Dallas and Fort Worth.
- Is your sewage system prepared in case of potential flooding?Installing a floating floor drain plug would help a flood damaged home in Dallas when the drain pipe backs up. In case of flood water entering your sewage system and causing sewage to back up into your home, it is best to install a backflow valve. Check with your flood damage contractors for permit restrictions.
- Do you have water flood damage insurance? If you live in a floodplain or a flood prone area, it is not enough to take care of the above flood damage options. Those options may minimize the flood damage to your home, but since homeowners' insurance policies do not cover flood damage clean up and flood damage repair, you should consider buying a separate flood damage insurance policy under the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP). Make sure to purchase the flood damage insurance policy at least at least a month before any flood occurs, as the policy is not in effect until 30 days after purchase.
- What are some other causes of flooding in residential or commercial properties?Flood damage in buildings occurs from natural disasters, leaky or burst pipes, faulty water heaters, overflowing toilets, leaky roofs, and more. Flood water damage will weaken or damage your carpets, floors, ceilings, and walls. The longer you wait to contact a restoration company, the more chance there is for flood related structural damage and mold damage to your home or business. Contact Dalworth Restoration in the event of any water damage to your property.
- What can I expect from a flood damage restoration company? When you call the professionals at Dalworth Restoration to dry and repair your water damaged home, our technicians come prepared to begin working right away. We start with an inspection or damage assessment to determine the cause and extent of damage and we provide a free estimate outlining the costs for our repair and restoration services. Our trucks are equipped with flood cleanup and drying equipment is industrial strength. Upon arrival we are ready to tackle your emergency water damage cleanup and repair. Our certified restoration technicians are on call 24/7 to respond to your water damage emergency and our technicians are trained to clean up, repair and restore your property to pre-loss condition from water damage, flooding and mold damage.
- What services does a flood damage restoration company provide? Flood damage restoration services depend on the situation at hand. In general, they involve the following.
Water cleanup, debris removal, and water damage repair and restoration need to be done in a timely fashion to minimize repair costs. Contact us today to find out more about our free inspection, free estimate, and all of our emergency water damage restoration services to repair and restore commercial water damage and residential water damage in Dallas and Fort Worth. We serve Dallas, Fort Worth, Arlington, Grapevine, Bedford, and the rest of North Texas. Check out our Dallas-Fort Worth service area to find your city.