Water Damage: The Skinny on What to do ASAP
Water damage can occur from a variety of sources, from a roof under construction when a storm unexpectedly drops three inches of rain, to the hot water heater bursting or just forgetting to turn off the water for the upstairs bathroom when a neighbor drops by.
Regardless of how the water damage occurs, you must take immediate action to prevent mold and other damage from occurring, so:
- Make sure no electrical wires are touching water because the water will carry the current
- If you DO see electrical wires, do NOT attempt to touch or move them because they may still be “live” and have active current flowing
- Rescue anyone whose safety may be compromised by being underwater or in the path of the flow of the water
- Turn off the water source as soon as possible
- Remove valuables and other important personal property from the affected area or at least place these items above the waterline
- Call a professional!
Call the professionals at Dalworth Restoration. Dalworth has been the trusted name in Dallas-Fort Worth since 1976. Call us 24/7 for Emergency Services: 817-203-2944.