Dangers of Asbestos Materials & Exposure For DFW, TX Residences
Asbestos is a natural but dangerous mineral found in many materials. Exposure to it can cause serious and deadly illnesses. Today asbestos use is restricted in the U.S. but not completely banned, and it can still be found in many places, including older buildings.
To safeguard you and your family it is necessary that you ensure your property is not exposed to this hazardous material in any way as no amount of asbestos is safe (EPA and the Department of Health and Human Services).
In order to do so, you must hire a professional asbestos removal company for inspection and removal if you are living in a house or working in a building built in the 1980s or earlier, or thinking of renovating or demolishing such an aged structure.
Dalworth Restoration is a professional, licensed local restoration and construction contractor that provides professional asbestos removal services in Azle, Burleson, Crowley, Duncanville, Euless, Frisco, and all other Dallas/Fort Worth areas since 1976. Our technicians are certified by the IICRC, which sets the standards for the asbestos inspection, cleaning, and restoration industry.
So if you are suspecting danger of asbestos exposure in your home or office call us today at 817-203-2944 to get expert consultation or a free estimate.
Asbestos: Types of Dangers & Solutions in Dallas–Fort Worth
Asbestos Health Risks
Asbestos is a carcinogenic mineral which can cause various cancerous and non-cancerous illnesses:
Types of Asbestos Cancers
Mesothelioma: A rare and incurable cancer that develops in the lining of the lungs or abdomen.
Lung Cancer: Asbestos-related lung cancer accounts for approximately 4% of all lung cancer cases.
Ovarian Cancer: The International Agency for Research on Cancer confirmed that asbestos causes ovarian cancer in 2012.
Laryngeal Cancer: In 2006, the National Institutes of Health confirmed that asbestos causes laryngeal cancer.
Other Asbestos Dangers
Asbestosis: Inflammation and scarring of lung tissue, which prevents the lungs from expanding and relaxing normally.
Pleural plaques: Areas of fibrous thickening of the lining around the lungs — the most common sign of asbestos exposure.
Pleural Effusion: Buildup of fluid around the lungs that causes difficulty breathing.
Diffuse Pleural Thickening: Extensive scarring that thickens the pleural lining of the lungs, causing chest pain and breathing issues.
Pleurisy: Severe inflammation of the pleural lining, also known as pleuritic pain.
Atelectasis: Inflammation and scarring that cause the pleural lining to fold in on itself, causing the lungs to underinflate.
Asbestos Containing Materials
Asbestos-containing materials can be found in many parts of homes, offices, and public buildings also. These materials when disrupted can be hazardous. Some of the asbestos-containing materials still in use today include:
- Cement pipes
- Roof coatings
- Drum brake linings and disk brake pads
- Components in automatic transmissions
- Vinyl floor tiles
- Fireproof clothing
- Corrugated and other cement sheets
- Roofing felt
Learn more about the risks of asbestos-containing materials.
Asbestos in Your Commercial Property/Industrial Sites
Commercial properties and industrial sites are the most common sources of asbestos exposure. Research shows occupational exposure is the leading cause of asbestos-related diseases like mesothelioma and asbestos cancer. Common asbestos work sites include aluminum plants, brewing factories, chemical plants, oil refineries, power plants, steel mills, school, etc. When people return to their home from working on exposed sites they rise the risk of secondary exposure at their home.
Solution For Reducing The Danger of Asbestos Exposure in DFW, TX
The only solution to avoid asbestos-induced dangers is to carry out asbestos inspection and removal by certified and experienced asbestos professionals.
Choose Us To Provide The Best Asbestos Abatement Solution in DFW
- Reliable: Dalworth Restoration provides professional, efficient, affordable, and safe asbestos abatement solution: expert consultation, thorough inspection, free estimates, testing as well as removal services in North Texas and the DFW Metroplex regions.
- Experienced: We test for the presence of asbestos in your property. Our experienced staff carefully analyzes the structure from top to bottom. Upon confirmation that asbestos is present, the property will be sealed off and our HEPA filters will keep asbestos particles from escaping and spreading.
- Latest Equipment: We use specialized state-of-the-art equipment for the safe removal of asbestos from every corner of your home or business. We continuously stay up-to-date on the most current environment-friendly equipment and also the best options to get rid of asbestos
- Trined & Certified: We are trained, equipped, and IIRC certified to provide you with thorough asbestos abatement and removal services. To date, we have completed over 57,200 successful restoration projects. We have a proven track record for success in asbestos abatement.
- All types: Our project managers, superintendents, and trade specialists are experienced in efficiently removing any structural infestation. We have experience working in properties ranging from private homes, office Buildings, academic campuses, Hotels, Hospital Rooms, Nursing Homes/Retirement Homes, Churches, Day Cares, Retail Locations, government offices, etc.
- Industry Standards: In efforts to rid our local communities of asbestos, in affiliation with our industry-leading partners, we provide high-quality restoration and clean-up services to residential and commercial customers throughout North Texas.
- Insurance Support: We work with most insurance companies and thus understand the insurance industry rules and regulations very well. We will assist you with asbestos removal insurance claims as well as bill the insurance claims directly. The work we do is generally covered in your insurance policy.
- 24/7 Service: We offer 24/7 Emergency Response service throughout the year and are on-site within an hour. We also provide on-site estimates and inspections for emergency services
- In addition to asbestos abatement and removal, Dalworth also provides contents restoration, disaster restoration, storm flood damage restoration, mold remediation, and many other restorations, construction, and clean-up services.
So call us today at 817-203-2944 or contact us online for a professional asbestos removal service in DFW. We will be happy to answer your all queries.