- 24/7 Emergency Services
- Free Estimates
- Work Directly with All Insurance Companies
- Bounded & Insured
Fire Safety Tips for North Texas Residents
Smoke alarms prevent fire-related deaths, according to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA). To keep your family and property safe, check your fire alarms once a month to make sure batteries are working, and check your smoke alarms annually to make sure they are working.
Housefold Fire Prevention Tips
- Kitchen Cooking Mishaps-According to the NFPA, the most common reason for fire damages in the home is cooking mishaps, and 40% of all home fires are caused by cooking accidents. Kitchen fires are a significant cause of fire damage and fire injuries. Never throw water on a grease fire instead spray the fire with a fire extinguisher or cover pan with a lid.
- Portable Heating Appliances Fires-As temperatures drop in the winter season, people often rely on additional sources of heat from space heaters. According to the federal Emergency Management Agency only 2% of residential heating fires are caused by portable heating units, but account for 25% of residential fire fatalities. Use combustible items at least three feet from heaters, ovens and fireplaces; do not place heaters on or near carpets or rugs but on a firm surfaces; never leave hem unattended.
- Electrical Malfunction-Electrical fires cause Extensive property damage and fire fatalities. Faulty or old wiring; incorrectly installed wires; overloaded circuits; overused extension cords; defective appliance cords; or poorly maintained electrical systems all cause electrical fires. Check the wiring of electric heaters, stoves, ovens, microwaves and television sets and radios. Damaged wires should be replaced and circuits and extension cords must not be overloaded.
- Cigarettes-Cigarette smoking is another leading cause of fires, injury and death. A cigarette that has not been extinguished properly can burn through an item of clothing or furniture and smolder for hours before bursting into flames. douse cigarette butts in water to make sure that they are out. This type of fire can also produce toxic chemical compounds that may contribute to an individual’s unconscious state and incapacitate one to the point of not being able to flee the fire.
- Open Flames-Open flame fires include fires caused by unattended fireplaces and burning candles. Inspect the fireplace to make sure it is in good condition and clear the hearth area of debris and combustible materials. Keep the flue open and don't obstruct the chimney. Install a metal mesh screen to prevent flying sparks. Don't leave burning candles unattended or near flammable objects. Place candle holders on a hard, heat-resistant surface.
Contact Dalworth Restoration
Once the fire department extinguishes the fire, call Dalworth Restoration at 817-203-2944 to restore your property to pre-loss conditions. Contact us now. We are a licensed, bonded and insured full-service fire damage repair company. Our post-fire damage restoration services and fire and water damage remediation crews are available 24/7 to repair, rebuild, and restore your residential or commercial property after any disaster.
Professional Customer Service
- 24/7 Emergency Response
- On Site In About An Hour
- Insurance Billed Direct
- IICRC Certified Restoration Crews
- State-Of-The-Art Water Removal & Drying Equipment
If you live in Dallas, Fort Worth, Arlington or any other city in the North Texas area, contact Dalworth Restoration for all of your fire cleanup and fire damage restoration, construction and remodeling needs. We are standing by to take your call at 817-203-2944