Sewage Removal and Cleanup
Definition of Sewage
Sewage, sometimes called wastewater or sludge, is water carried waste that is transported away from homes, businesses and neighborhoods by a network of drains and pipes in the sewer. Sewage wastewater carries pathogenic microorganisms such as bacteria and parasites, which are harmful to humans as well as animals and can cause serious illnesses and diseases. As sewage is the used up and discarded water of neighborhoods and communities, it contains body wastes, human excrement, laundry washings as well as industrial and agricultural waste, among others.
Dallas Fort Worth Sewage Backup Cleanup and Water Damage Removal by Dalworth Restoration
There are a few sewage cleanup companies in Dallas Fort Worth, Texas. Contact Dalworth Restoration professional sewage cleanup company to evaluate your sewer cleanup emergency. Once a sewage overflow or backup occurs, and the longer it remains unattended, the greater the potential health hazard that can affect your family. In fact, sewage waste can harm your Dallas Fort Worth property as moisture and microorganisms remain on porous surfaces throughout the property. As time keeps on ticking with no sewage cleanup game plan, less can be salvaged and more will need to be discarded and replaced.
Dalworth Restoration specializes in sewage removal and cleanup in the Dallas Fort Worth metroplex. Dalworth employs specially trained sewage decontamination crews who are on call 24/7. These technicians assess sewage damage and begin working on sewage water extraction, drying and dehumidification. The crews then complete the decontamination.
Sewage Self Removal and Cleanup Tips
When sewage back up occurs in your Dallas Fort Worth home, act immediately to minimize the effects of sewage problems and health hazards relating to viruses, bacteria and other contaminants present in sewage wastes. Prompt sewage removal and sewage clean up is the best response you can muster in the face of a sewage backup emergency.
Should you decide to remove sewage and clean up your Dallas Fort Worth property yourself, be aware that any household item, furniture, clothing or appliance that had any contact with sewage waste, has been contaminated by it. If you plan on removing sewage and cleaning sewage overflow yourself, then make sure you are following the necessary safety measures.
- Do not attempt to decontaminate sewage back up if you have a weakened immune system or if you have open wounds.
- Remove children, pregnant women, pets and people with weakened immune systems to safety.
- Wear rubber gloves, rubber boots, respirator with HEPA filter and goggles. Clothing should cover body fully.
- Disinfect and decontaminate everything that came in contact with sewage and can be recovered from the sewage emergency.
- Get rid of anything that came in contact with sewage overflow that cannot be salvaged.
- Refrain from hand to face contact, including hand to mouth, hand to nose and hand to eyes.
- After you decontaminate the sewage backup waste or sewage overflow, remove and wash all clothes and boots or closed toe shoes worn during decontamination.
- After you decontaminate the sewage backup waste or sewage overflow, shower body and hair well.