Winter Fire Prevention in DFW Homes
According to the U.S. Fire Administration, more home fires occur in winter than in any other season. Chilling weather, usage of the heater, time spent near the fireplace, and holiday season activities- all can become a cause of a sudden fire accident. With some precautions, the risk can be minimized. But if a fire does occur, Dalworth Restoration is here to help you in every step until things get back to how it was.
Dalworth Restoration is a licensed, local professional restoration contractor who offers all kinds of restoration services including all kinds of fire damage restoration services. We offer services in Dallas, Fort Worth, Little Elm, Lucas, Blue Ridge, Grand Prairie, Irving, Lancaster, and throughout the greater Dallas/Fort Worth area.
So if you are in need of any kinds of fire damage solutions and services call us today at 817-203-2944 for a free consultation.
Common Causes of Winter Fire in DFW
- Flame close to flammables: Often winter fire starts from fire equipment being close to flammable objects. Such as candles and space heaters being in close proximity to clothing, curtains, or other flammable objects. In fact, every year careless candle placement is a leading cause of fires in the United States.
- Fireplaces not putoff: Often in winter people forget to put off the fireplace before leaving home or going to sleep at night leading to accidents.
- Overworked Electrical Outlets: Heating appliances require a great deal of electricity. Plugging many heating appliances into an electrical outlet at a time can lead to a fire.
- Non-working Smoke Detectors: Non-working smoke detectors are a leading cause of fire escalation due to failing to give early warning signs.
How to Prevent DFW Winter Fire Accidents
With some careful steps and actions any winter fire incident can be avoided without interrupting your winter routine:
- Installing carbon monoxide and smoke alarms and other fire detecting systems and checking regularly to see it is working properly.
- Placing fire extinguishers in risky zones such as the kitchen, garage, and living room, and make sure all household members know how to use them.
- Installing a screen in front of each fireplace or wood stove.
- Keeping knowledge of the location and function of the gas, electric, and water main shut-off controls so that you are able to access them in times of emergency.
- Keeping portable generators outside and away from the home.
- Storing cooled ashes in a metal container outside the home.
- Having chimneys professionally inspected and cleaned every year.
- Keeping anything that can burn far away from fireplaces, radiators, space heaters, or another heat source.
- Never leave lit candles unattended.
- Keeping fire objects out of the reach of children and pets.
- If using a live Christmas tree, keep it adequately watered and get rid of it after Christmas or when it gets dry.
- Developing and practicing a home fire escape plan with the entire family.
The Fire Restoration Experts in DFW
Dalworth Restoration offers all kinds of fire restoration services such as smoke and soot restoration, smoke odor removal, duct system smoke removal, tarp over, and others in our Dallas-Fort Worth service area, including Arlington, Plano, Grapevine, Frisco, etc.
We have licensed and certified professionals, advanced techniques, and state-of-the-art equipment and facilities to remove all traces of smoke from your home or office building after a fire.
- 24/7 Emergency Response
- On-Site In About An Hour
- Insurance Billed Direct
- IICRC Certified Restoration Crews
- State-Of-The-Art Water Removal & Drying equipment
We also offer other restoration services such as water damage, storm & flood damage, and more.
So if there is a fire emergency at your home, contact us now at 817-203-2944 or online to start the fire damage restoration process. We will handle your emergency fire damage clean-up and repairs promptly and professionally to your satisfaction and peace of mind.