Recognizing the Signs of Water Damage in Dallas/Fort Worth
Water Damage Warning Signs
Recognizing these water damage warning signs is a crucial first step in preventing costly structural property water damage and mold damage repairs.
1. Water Damage and Wet Carpet: If you notice wet spots on your carpet, there may be water damage from a broken pipe, a spill or a pet accident. Wet carpets and rugs can often be restored, but time is critical and quick action is needed to avoid permanent carpet and rug damage. Floor damage and mold growth may occur if water is not professionally extracted from carpets and rugs in a timely manner.
2. Water Damage and Wood Floors: Wood flooring is sensitive to spills and drips as it absorbs water and tends to swell and warp. If you notice any distortions in your wood floor, water damage may be the culprit.
3. Kitchen: Kitchens are high-risk locations for water damage disasters because dishwashers, refrigerators and sinks can overflow, leak or malfunction. Check appliances routinely for any puddles or drips. Contact Dalworth for our Drain & Sink Overflow Cleanup Services.
4, Appliances Overflow: If water spills or other accidents occur from a malfunctioning appliance, water damage repair can be quick and fairly inexpensive, if attended to before serious water damage occurs to surrounding areas. Contact us for our Appliance Leak Cleanup Services.
5. Bathroom: Water damage in the bathroom can give cause a variety of water damage scenarios and are susceptible to water spills from the toilet, bathtub, shower, and sink. Check plumbing systems regularly for potential water problems before they become an emergency water damage restoration repair. Contact us for our Toilet Overflow Cleanup and Shower & Tub Overflow Cleanup services.
6. Water Damage and Frozen, Broken Pipes: When winter temperatures warm up and frozen water melts in the pipes, check for leaks resulting from broken and cracked pipes. Frozen, broken or leaking pipes need to be replaced or fixed right away, before further water damage occurs. Contact Dalworth for our Burst & Frozen Pipe Overflow Repair services.
7. Water Heater Burst: A leaking water heater with water leaking at the top of the tank generally means the tank has a fitting or a plumbing part that has malfunctioned. If so, the water heater can most often be repaired and the water heater overflow cleaned up by our expert technicians. If your water heater has flooded an area of your home, water heater overflow cleanup is needed and water damage repair may also be needed.
8. Water Damage Stains: Stains on walls, ceiling, wood floors, carpets, doors, and windows indicate water damage and leaks. Some leaks may require a property inspection by one of our professional technicians to determine the source of water damage. Along with stains, water damage is indicated by warped, swollen and damaged structures and building materials. Contact Us for Complete Structural Restoration Services.
9. Water Damage and Mold: Water damage can lead to musty odors and mold growth, which can cause serious mold damage. Once the mold remediation and removal process is completed by the certified mold removal specialists at Dalworth Restoration, your property will be safe.
10. Water Damage Restoration and Repair: Water damage restoration companies come to homeowners’ rescue once water damages get out of control and require professional crews to remove the water, dry the affected area, cleanup the debris and repair and restore the structure to its pre-loss condition.
Contact Dalworth Restoration for water damage and fire damage services in North Texas. We serve Dallas, Fort Worth, Arlington and cities in the surrounding area. Our restoration specilaists are standing by to take your call at 817-203-2944.